The Prepared is actively soliciting original content on manufacturing and related fields for distribution in our weekly newsletter. We’re interested in fresh voices and perspectives, new developments in the manufacturing space, deep-dives, narrative how-to’s, historical thinkpieces, long form articles, features of diverse initiatives and viewpoints, etc.
Abstracts are accepted on a rolling basis, and there is no limitation to either the number of submissions per applicant or the number of proposals that will be accepted. If you’re the sort of person who likes deadlines, we typically review applications at 16:00 EDT on Friday.
The Prepared is committed to diversity in manufacturing. We pay a premium for content that covers diverse projects, people, or works, or that originates from an author who identifies with an under-represented group.
Applications can be submitted using the form below. Keep the following guidelines in mind as you submit your proposal:
- An empathetic, thoughtful, and credible voice is preferred.
- First person narratives, editorials, market analyses, individual and/or organization profiles, and other formats are all welcome.
- We’re particularly interested in fresh perspectives and new angles, content that hasn’t been adequately covered elsewhere.
- Proposals should speak to the audience of the Prepared: wide-ranging in age and demographic makeup, with a shared an interest in manufacturing and engineering.
- Applications should be free of commercial language and should not be read as advertisements for any company's products.
- Final articles may be 1000-10000 words.
- Authors will be compensated $1000 for their work.
- Authors will retain the right to distribute (with attribution) their writing under a permissive license.
Submit your proposals below! We look forward to seeing them.